Home » Sports » College Sports
UNH football up, hockey down in polls
Fresh off a 31-13 trouncing of host Stony Brook, the Wildcats jumped four spots to No. 16 in the weekly Sports Network FCS Top 25 College Football Poll. In the FCS Coaches Poll, UNH is ranked No. 17, five spots higher than last week. UNH is 4-3 overall and 3-1 in the Colonial Athletic Association. UNH quarterback Sean Goldrich and Justin Mello hooked up for three touchdown passes, covering 15, 23 and 36 yards respectively.
In men’s hockey, the Wildcats dropped a 4-2 decision Saturday to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and fell out of the top 20 weekly USCHO.com Division I men’s poll. UNH stands at 1-3-1 on the season. UNH did receive 106 points from the pollsters, ranking them 21st overall, two points behind Minnesota-Duluth (3-2-1) with 108 points.
Three other Hockey East teams, UMass Lowell (3-3, No. 15), Boston University (3-3, No. 18) and Northeastern (5-1, No. 19) are in the top 20.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Beltran, Yankees make it official
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass