Home » Sports » College Sports
UNH football up, hockey down in polls
Fresh off a 31-13 trouncing of host Stony Brook, the Wildcats jumped four spots to No. 16 in the weekly Sports Network FCS Top 25 College Football Poll. In the FCS Coaches Poll, UNH is ranked No. 17, five spots higher than last week. UNH is 4-3 overall and 3-1 in the Colonial Athletic Association. UNH quarterback Sean Goldrich and Justin Mello hooked up for three touchdown passes, covering 15, 23 and 36 yards respectively.
In men’s hockey, the Wildcats dropped a 4-2 decision Saturday to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and fell out of the top 20 weekly USCHO.com Division I men’s poll. UNH stands at 1-3-1 on the season. UNH did receive 106 points from the pollsters, ranking them 21st overall, two points behind Minnesota-Duluth (3-2-1) with 108 points.
Three other Hockey East teams, UMass Lowell (3-3, No. 15), Boston University (3-3, No. 18) and Northeastern (5-1, No. 19) are in the top 20.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans