Roger Brown's First & 10: Central-Bedford just like a playoff game
Central, which improved to 6-2 with its 42-30 triumph over Salem on Friday night, is No. 6 in the latest poll, which was released Monday morning.
Exeter moved from No. 10 to No. 9 after beating Timberlane 41-14, and Plymouth dropped from No. 9 to No. 10 even though it defeated Hanover 42-14.
ENTERING the regular season’s final weekend, three teams are still fighting for the two playoff spots in Division I East. Spaulding of Rochester (5-3), Exeter (5-3) and Winnacunnet of Hampton (5-3) are tied for first place.
SANBORN of Kingston clinched the first playoff berth in the program’s history when it beat Kingswood of Wolfeboro 28-14 Saturday. Sanborn, which has been playing varsity football since 2008, improved its record to 5-3 and will play Monadnock of Swanzey (8-0) in the Division II West championship game.
A DIVISION III playoff berth will be on the line when Newport (5-2) plays Mascoma Valley (5-2) in Canaan on Saturday. The winner will play Stevens of Claremont (5-2) in the Division III West title game.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 7
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 7
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up