Home » News » Public Safety
Winds, dry weather are perfect ingredients for NH brush fires
This past weekend, city fire crews responded to Mine Falls Park and Lincoln Park for separate brush fires. The blaze at Mine Falls Park on Sunday spanned about three to four acres, according to Kerrigan, who said the Lincoln Park fire damaged less than one acre of property.
“Some of these fires are already in the ground. We have to use foam to penetrate the fire, as it is not just on the surface,” Kerrigan said.
In addition to Nashua, Hudson had its own brush fire on Sunday night. Shortly before 10 p.m. a fire was reported in the area of Shingle Mill Road and Oliver Drive.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
- Manchester chief now one of 2 finalists for Somerville post - 0
- Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long - 1
- Jaffrey fire at transfer station - 0
- Manchester police chief a finalist for Somerville job - 2
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Missing Conway girl's mother not giving up hope - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Manchester forums will allow public to question principal finalists - 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles