Home » News » Public Safety
Winds, dry weather are perfect ingredients for NH brush fires
This past weekend, city fire crews responded to Mine Falls Park and Lincoln Park for separate brush fires. The blaze at Mine Falls Park on Sunday spanned about three to four acres, according to Kerrigan, who said the Lincoln Park fire damaged less than one acre of property.
“Some of these fires are already in the ground. We have to use foam to penetrate the fire, as it is not just on the surface,” Kerrigan said.
In addition to Nashua, Hudson had its own brush fire on Sunday night. Shortly before 10 p.m. a fire was reported in the area of Shingle Mill Road and Oliver Drive.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'