Concord pair indicted in Cornish attack, robbery
NEWPORT — Two Concord men were indicted on burglary charges by the Sullivan County Superior Court grand jury last week.
The men allegedly burglarized a Cornish home in July, during which the homeowner was severely injured.
Thomas Tozier, 27, was indicted on the charges of conspiracy to commit robbery and armed robbery with a deadly weapon.
Aaron Gobin, 26, was indicted on the charges of conspiracy to commit robbery as well as habitual offender and attempted escape for allegedly driving while prohibited to do so in August and then attempting to flee from a police cruiser after he was arrested and handcuffed inside the cruiser.
Last week, Tozier was charged with the armed robbery and Gobin was charged with accomplice to armed robbery.
Their victim, a 58-year-old Cornish man, is a former co-worker of Gobin, said New Hampshire State Police Trooper Charles Newton.
Gobin had identified the Cornish man as a potential target for robbery, police said. Gobin and Tozier followed the man from the McDonald’s restaurant in Claremont to his Cornish home. They watched him for a time and became acquainted with the area while they planned the robbery, according to court documents.
Then on July 21 Gobin and Tozier allegedly confronted the Cornish man at his home where Tozier allegedly struck the man and threatened to kill him if he didn’t hand over his wallet. He also allegedly struck the man using metallic knuckles.
The victim was treated at a local hospital for the serious injuries he suffered during the robbery and is still recovering, Newton said Friday.
Tozier and Gobin are being held at the men’s prison in Concord.
Newtown said Tozier and Gobin allegedly stole $900 cash from the man.