Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Mass. woman sentenced for ID theft, Salem shopping spree
Couture was originally indicted on 10 charges that included identity fraud and theft for shopping trips that happened at T.J. Maxx, Kohl’s, Lowe’s and J.C. Penney in Salem.
Her plea deal requires her to serve two to five years in state prison on a 2011 conviction for hiding six cans of stolen baby formula from Derry police outside of a Burger King restaurant, according to court records.
Prosecutors say Couture tried to spend thousands of dollars on a West Virginia woman’s credit, and had photo identifications that helped her impersonate four other women living in Florida, Maryland and Missouri.
But that transaction was denied by loss prevention workers, police said. Later that day, Couture tried to obtain a fraudulent credit account at J.C. Penney and at T.J. Maxx, according to indictments.
Couture went to a Lowe’s store in Salem on Oct. 14, 2012, with another woman and filled two shopping carts full of merchandise that totaled more than $1,000. She was barred from making the purchase after applying for a credit account using the West Virginia ID, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424