Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Judge rejects no-contest plea for The Page owners
Owners of The Page Restaurant were prepared to move forward with a no-contest plea on charges alleging an employee served alcohol on a basement-level dance floor where a bar patron allegedly leveled fatal blows to 24-year-old Joshua Krantz of Dover by punching him in the head.
The decision comes as The Page’s corporation, New Adventures LLC, prepares to liquidate much, if not all, of its assets inside the downtown restaurant.
O’Neill is expected to go on trial in Rockingham County Superior Court early next year.
Instead, their lawyer, Matthew Stachowske, asked a judge to dismiss the case, arguing that prosecutors had misinterpreted the law and weren’t allowed to bring criminal charges.
But Delker disagreed, concluding that jurors could determine whether the area of the dance floor was an area that the state Liquor Commission approved for serving alcohol.
Only the corporation is charged in the criminal case, not the individual owners, according to the indictments.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
- No. 1 UConn women rout No. 2 Duke - 0
- Littleton boys earn victory over White Mountains - 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Patriots’ Wilfork maintains he’ll be back - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Bison are fast and furious - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Robust U.S. housing data point to strengthening economy - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424