Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Fugitive arrested in Effingham
Mark Adjutant, 42, wanted on several warrants for probation and parole violations on original convictions for arson and attempted theft and a new theft charge, was arrested late Monday night by members of the U.S. Marshal Fugitive Task Force.
U.S. Marshals had been searching for Adjutant for several months after he allegedly stole a purse from a vehicle parked last June at a Wakefield gas station. Investigators had tracked Adjutant to different parts of New Hampshire and Vermont and Monday night, they determined he had returned to a residence in Effingham.
Members of the N.H. Joint Fugitive Task Force, including state probation and parole officers, Carroll County deputies, along with Effingham police officers, went to the residence to make the arrest.
When the door opened, they were met by a vicious dog which had to be pepper sprayed, according to a news release issued by Deputy U.S Marshal Jeffrey White. Adjutant was found hiding next to a toliet in the bathroom where he was arrested without further incident.
He was booked at the Carroll County jail on the outstanding arrest warrants and is being held without bail pending his initial court appearance.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 1
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 2
- Ex-coach found not guilty on sexual assault charges a second time - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Baseball: PSU holds off Keene State - 0
- Schoop, Markakis pace Orioles past Sox - 0
- Late rally spurs Fishers over B-Mets - 0
- Datsyuk goal lets Wings take flight over Bruins in playoff opener - 0
- Monarchs finish regular season with OT loss - 0
- Keystone XL pipeline decision delayed, likely until after elections - 0
- Spring fever brings hope for U.S. investors as earnings season looms - 0
- Merrimack storage facility to be region's largest - 0
- C's lose tiebreaker for draft order - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917