Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Fugitive arrested in Effingham
Mark Adjutant, 42, wanted on several warrants for probation and parole violations on original convictions for arson and attempted theft and a new theft charge, was arrested late Monday night by members of the U.S. Marshal Fugitive Task Force.
U.S. Marshals had been searching for Adjutant for several months after he allegedly stole a purse from a vehicle parked last June at a Wakefield gas station. Investigators had tracked Adjutant to different parts of New Hampshire and Vermont and Monday night, they determined he had returned to a residence in Effingham.
Members of the N.H. Joint Fugitive Task Force, including state probation and parole officers, Carroll County deputies, along with Effingham police officers, went to the residence to make the arrest.
When the door opened, they were met by a vicious dog which had to be pepper sprayed, according to a news release issued by Deputy U.S Marshal Jeffrey White. Adjutant was found hiding next to a toliet in the bathroom where he was arrested without further incident.
He was booked at the Carroll County jail on the outstanding arrest warrants and is being held without bail pending his initial court appearance.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot - 1
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 10
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mphREADER COMMENTS: 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917