Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Fugitive arrested in Effingham
Mark Adjutant, 42, wanted on several warrants for probation and parole violations on original convictions for arson and attempted theft and a new theft charge, was arrested late Monday night by members of the U.S. Marshal Fugitive Task Force.
U.S. Marshals had been searching for Adjutant for several months after he allegedly stole a purse from a vehicle parked last June at a Wakefield gas station. Investigators had tracked Adjutant to different parts of New Hampshire and Vermont and Monday night, they determined he had returned to a residence in Effingham.
Members of the N.H. Joint Fugitive Task Force, including state probation and parole officers, Carroll County deputies, along with Effingham police officers, went to the residence to make the arrest.
When the door opened, they were met by a vicious dog which had to be pepper sprayed, according to a news release issued by Deputy U.S Marshal Jeffrey White. Adjutant was found hiding next to a toliet in the bathroom where he was arrested without further incident.
He was booked at the Carroll County jail on the outstanding arrest warrants and is being held without bail pending his initial court appearance.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 2
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 2
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 8
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief