Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Manchester police solve one of two store robberies
Patrick Jones, 30, of 91 S. Elm St., was arrested and charged with robbery after his car was pulled over at Elm Street and Queen City Ave., Monday night.
Police said he was the man who passed a note to a clerk at Fast Track Convenience, at 136 Willow St., in an attempt to rob the market.
The 27-year-old clerk told police a man came into the store about 8:15 p.m., bought a drink and then left. Moments later, the customer returned, handed the clerk a note demanding money and which indicated he had a gun.
Uncertain if the man was joking, the clerk hesitated a moment as another customer entered the store and approached the counter. The robber then backed away from the counter and left the store without any money.
Jones was later pulled over by a patrol officer near Elm Street and Queen City Avenue. The officer noted he matched the clerk's description of the robber and arrested him.
The wife was working alone in the store when two masked men entered and demanded money, according to investigators. One of them pointed a black handgun at her and the other held a blue bag. The woman gave them some cash which was put into the blue bag and the robbers left.
They are described as black males who had black bandannas over their faces. They wore black sweatshirts and black pants. The robber with the gun was about 6 feet tall, while the second man was described as a little shorter.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
- School district to receive millions withheld by state - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483