Chichester Central's principal honored in D.C.
Chichester Central School Principal Pamela Stiles called her trip to Washington D.C. last week a once in a lifetime experience. (COURTESY)
"The trip has been fantastic; it is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I have been so busy here; I have barely had five minutes," Stiles said.
"But what was really important is that all the principals in attendance had an opportunity … to discuss some of our successes and the challenges we all face and how to tackle those issues," Stiles said.
"It was surprise, it was an honor. You go through the day and you do what you do, you handle situations and hope that you have a positive influence on people during the day, and to have a teacher say what you do is valuable enough to bring attention to it, I was very humbled by that," Stiles said.Stiles added that she feels that Chichester Central, a K-8 grade school, has a special community of students and staff that without whom none of this would be possible.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy - 1
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 12
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 4
- Lives not lost: As long as we remember - 0
- Slammed: A Seabrook officer indicted - 9
- Abuse in school: A city teacher and a late report - 2
- Computerized firearms: Holder's bad gun idea - 3
- Republican diversity: NH welcomes political ideas - 8
- Reams vs. Foster: A power grab struck down - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 0
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
- Fisher Cats' hitters can't solve Binghamton hurlers - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Derry to receive speed sign through donation - 0
IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition