Chichester Central's principal honored in D.C.
Chichester Central School Principal Pamela Stiles called her trip to Washington D.C. last week a once in a lifetime experience. (COURTESY)
"The trip has been fantastic; it is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I have been so busy here; I have barely had five minutes," Stiles said.
"But what was really important is that all the principals in attendance had an opportunity … to discuss some of our successes and the challenges we all face and how to tackle those issues," Stiles said.
"It was surprise, it was an honor. You go through the day and you do what you do, you handle situations and hope that you have a positive influence on people during the day, and to have a teacher say what you do is valuable enough to bring attention to it, I was very humbled by that," Stiles said.Stiles added that she feels that Chichester Central, a K-8 grade school, has a special community of students and staff that without whom none of this would be possible.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 2
- Another View -- Charles Lane: The unintended consequences of our immigration laws are severe - 0
- Rockets are the bitter fruits of Israeli generosity - 0
- John Stossel: Why reporting good news is such a problem - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: In Hollywood, liberal values reign, except at the box office - 1
- Pat Buchanan: Impeaching Obama would be a mistake - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms