Student teams will lead new anti-bullying initiative in NH
The New Hampshire Council on Developmental Disabilities has joined with motivational speaker William Harris to establish the program.
Once the student leadership teams are selected, they'll meet with Harris, a former student-athlete and 1978 basketball All-American who frequently speaks at schools about leadership, healthy choices, strategies for success and the team experience.
The student leadership teams and their advisers will meet regularly to develop a student-led anti-bullying program for their schools. "We aim to foster a positive school climate and change norms about the acceptability of bullying," said council member Tracy Walbridge.
The council also has grants of up to $500 available to support anti-bullying initiatives. More information about the grants and how to apply for them can be found at nhddc.org/smallgrants.html. For more information about the program and how to participate, contact Kristin Ingram at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 38
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 26
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 7
- Politics of choice: A word stripped of its meaning - 13
- Cataldo for Senate: A keeper for District 6 - 0
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 20
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 52
- No news is bad news: Hassan goes to CDC school - 9
- No right to know: Our silent superintendent - 2
- Boutin for Senate: Constituent service for District 16 - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA: Lancers beat South - 0
- College Football: St. Anselm football loses third straight game - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Tough decisions loom for Legion - 0
- A good first impression - 0
- NHIAA: Exeter keeps Memorial attack at bay - 0
- Windham clinches first with huge win - 0
- NHIAA: Campbell thumps Brady - 0
- NHIAA: Brummett scores 5 for Derryfield - 0
- NHIAA: Souhegan advances in OT - 0
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks
A good first impression
Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood