Science Cafe discussion group to debut in Manchester
Organizers said the first event will take place Nov. 5 at the Shaskeen Pub in downtown Manchester, and the Manchester version — Science on Tap — will take place once a month in the back room of the bar. The event will start at 5:30 p.m.
"It's kind of an after-work, little bit of networking and mingling. A scientist or expert will give a brief presentation, and then we'll have discussion," said Peter Gustafson, spokesman for SEE Science Center, one of the partners in the endeavor.
"We think this series could take off," he said.
Past topics have included genetically modified organisms, post-traumatic stress disorder, digital privacy, the science of polling, climate change, and cats vs. widllife.
Other Science Cafes are held in Portsmouth and Hanover. Plymouth has held one but has not scheduled another one, Brooks said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: Regulatory overkill everywhere - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 33
- John Stossel: Earth Day is more like Earth Daze - 3
- Drew Cline: Rand Paul's coalition vs. Ted Cruz's army - 5
- Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed - 4
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 14
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'