Science Cafe discussion group to debut in Manchester
Organizers said the first event will take place Nov. 5 at the Shaskeen Pub in downtown Manchester, and the Manchester version — Science on Tap — will take place once a month in the back room of the bar. The event will start at 5:30 p.m.
"It's kind of an after-work, little bit of networking and mingling. A scientist or expert will give a brief presentation, and then we'll have discussion," said Peter Gustafson, spokesman for SEE Science Center, one of the partners in the endeavor.
"We think this series could take off," he said.
Past topics have included genetically modified organisms, post-traumatic stress disorder, digital privacy, the science of polling, climate change, and cats vs. widllife.
Other Science Cafes are held in Portsmouth and Hanover. Plymouth has held one but has not scheduled another one, Brooks said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Free Ray Brewer; No, forget I said that - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Some dance, others judge - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: When a tattoo is no longer for you - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Lessons learned on the ice - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Ali Baba Whole Foods Festival is exotic, and right next door - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Artists invited to make utility boxes beautiful - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Grappone Automotive Group owner not afraid to go her own way - 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Queen City to host movie? - 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Palace Theatre is in search of its history - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth