Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Halloween-dressed suspects sought for Gilford, Ashland crimes
Gilford police were called to the Big Apple store at 4 Country Club Road just after midnight Sunday. Two masked robbers entered the store and pointed a handgun at the clerk, demanding all the money in the register. An undisclosed amount was handed over and the thieves fled on food, according to police.
Then, about 10 a.m. Sunday, there was an attempted robbery at the Circle K at 19 West St. in Ashland, according to Ashland Police Lt. Don Marren.
While the manager was in a backroom, security cameras recorded two people enter the store wearing the same masks as those worn in Gilford, Marren said, like the mask from the movie "Scream".
The clerk was fortunate she was in a safe place, Marren said.
"She had opened the door and gone in the back office," he said. "(The suspects) had originally seen her behind the counter."
Video cameras across the road at Ashland Lumber recorded the robbery attempt and showed the suspects drive away in a Volkswagen Passat, Marren said. That gave police enough detail to link the suspects to the Gilford robbery.
"We feel very strongly that the two incidents involved the same suspects," Marren said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Delayed sexual assault trial to start today - 0
- Manchester man charged in series of store robberies - 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 8
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 17
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Plea deal possible in Littleton murder
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424