Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Halloween-dressed suspects sought for Gilford, Ashland crimes
Gilford police were called to the Big Apple store at 4 Country Club Road just after midnight Sunday. Two masked robbers entered the store and pointed a handgun at the clerk, demanding all the money in the register. An undisclosed amount was handed over and the thieves fled on food, according to police.
Then, about 10 a.m. Sunday, there was an attempted robbery at the Circle K at 19 West St. in Ashland, according to Ashland Police Lt. Don Marren.
While the manager was in a backroom, security cameras recorded two people enter the store wearing the same masks as those worn in Gilford, Marren said, like the mask from the movie "Scream".
The clerk was fortunate she was in a safe place, Marren said.
"She had opened the door and gone in the back office," he said. "(The suspects) had originally seen her behind the counter."
Video cameras across the road at Ashland Lumber recorded the robbery attempt and showed the suspects drive away in a Volkswagen Passat, Marren said. That gave police enough detail to link the suspects to the Gilford robbery.
"We feel very strongly that the two incidents involved the same suspects," Marren said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'