Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Halloween-dressed suspects sought for Gilford, Ashland crimes
Gilford police were called to the Big Apple store at 4 Country Club Road just after midnight Sunday. Two masked robbers entered the store and pointed a handgun at the clerk, demanding all the money in the register. An undisclosed amount was handed over and the thieves fled on food, according to police.
Then, about 10 a.m. Sunday, there was an attempted robbery at the Circle K at 19 West St. in Ashland, according to Ashland Police Lt. Don Marren.
While the manager was in a backroom, security cameras recorded two people enter the store wearing the same masks as those worn in Gilford, Marren said, like the mask from the movie "Scream".
The clerk was fortunate she was in a safe place, Marren said.
"She had opened the door and gone in the back office," he said. "(The suspects) had originally seen her behind the counter."
Video cameras across the road at Ashland Lumber recorded the robbery attempt and showed the suspects drive away in a Volkswagen Passat, Marren said. That gave police enough detail to link the suspects to the Gilford robbery.
"We feel very strongly that the two incidents involved the same suspects," Marren said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- June graduate of St. Paul’s School indicted on sex assault charges - 0
- Police: Activist in chicken suit was warned not to pester Shaheen prior to arrest - 0
- Judge orders prosecutors to disclose more details in Portsmouth bat beating probe - 0
- Former Claremont police dispatcher waives hearing on sexual assault charges - 0
- Some sexual assault charges dismissed against Nashua caretaker - 0
- Dover man indicted in sexual assault of young girl - 0
- Rochester man facing attempted murder charge - 0
- Mother, daughter, man charged in prostitution case in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 10
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917