Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Manchester man arrested in robbery try
Police said Michael Garcia, 28, of 325 Amory St., walked into 99 Cent Market, 383 Kelly St., about 9:30 a.m., demanded money and then reached over the counter for the opened register drawer.
Clerk Qaisar Anwer, 43, however, quickly closed the register drawer and simultaneously punched Garcia in the head, according to investigators.
Police said Garcia, who was holding a closed folding knife during the incident, ran empty-handed out of the store heading towards Boutwell Street where he ditched his sweatshirt, but then returned to Kelly Street where he got into a car that drove off.
A witness provided investigators with the description of the car, along with its license plate number, and officers tracked Garcia to his Amory Street address where police arrested him without incident.
Officers checked the area about Boutwell Street and recovered a sweatshirt in the bed of a parked pickup truck and a knife on the ground in a flower bed, items investigators believe belong to Garcia.
He is charged with robbery.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 29
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 1
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 2
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424