Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Manchester man arrested in robbery try
Police said Michael Garcia, 28, of 325 Amory St., walked into 99 Cent Market, 383 Kelly St., about 9:30 a.m., demanded money and then reached over the counter for the opened register drawer.
Clerk Qaisar Anwer, 43, however, quickly closed the register drawer and simultaneously punched Garcia in the head, according to investigators.
Police said Garcia, who was holding a closed folding knife during the incident, ran empty-handed out of the store heading towards Boutwell Street where he ditched his sweatshirt, but then returned to Kelly Street where he got into a car that drove off.
A witness provided investigators with the description of the car, along with its license plate number, and officers tracked Garcia to his Amory Street address where police arrested him without incident.
Officers checked the area about Boutwell Street and recovered a sweatshirt in the bed of a parked pickup truck and a knife on the ground in a flower bed, items investigators believe belong to Garcia.
He is charged with robbery.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917