Zombies gather to help fight hunger
Sponsored by the Granite United Church, which has campuses in Salem, Londonderry, Lawrence, Mass., and Haverhill, Mass., the event benefitted food pantries in each of the church's respective communities.
Many of the runners weren't affiliated with the local mega-church, which was just fine with Gregg DiCecca, one of the church's several pastors.
"It's been all kinds of crazy," said Youth Pastor Tom King, the event's main organizer. "Obviously our biggest mission is to help keep the local food banks full … and have some good old family fun while we're at it."
"It's nice to be able to show them that church can be fun," King said. "Events like this have a way of bringing all of us together, and at the end of the day that's what it's all about."email@example.com
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.