Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Something to cheer about
"There are 14 girls on this team, not six. Every girl on this team is part of the team. They all help each other and learn from each other," Villemaire wrote. "If you look at any pictures from our games, practices, or competitions, you will see genuine friendship in the eyes of every one of these girls."
"One of the judges wrote 'INSPIRED' on the feedback form /score sheet. That is exactly how Kate and I feel every week at practice. We are so proud of every participant on this team, and we can only hope that this experience inspires others."
Happy birthday, MYPN
I miss my days as a Manchester "young professional." I like to think I can still pass for "young," but my children keep amending my perception of "professional." Still, I appreciated the invite from Rob Smalley, Manchester Young Professionals Network's treasurer, to the organization's 9th birthday celebration at the newly renovated Manchester Country Club tomorrow night from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. You may see me there trying to pass as a real professional, and hoping no one notices the Play-Doh stuck to the bottom of my shoe.
It's holiday craft fair season, and you can find many of them on NH365.ORG, including the Ho Ho Holidays Craft Fair this Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. to benefit Mount Saint Mary Academy at 2291 Elm St. Admission is free for this event featuring local crafters, food, and a visit with Santa. Visit wwwNH365.org for more craft fair fun
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: A chance to meet stars of GoShopNH - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Scout works to beautify Bicentennial Park - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Sinners and saints of the Irish - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Young friends of the Currier - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Free Ray Brewer; No, forget I said that - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Some dance, others judge - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: When a tattoo is no longer for you - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Lessons learned on the ice - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Vote: ‘No nit’ policy relaxed for Manchester schools - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat Hopefully, this too shall pass - 0
- Poll: More than 25% haven't heard of Northern Pass; mixed attitudes for others - 1
- Flood watch and rain follow day of near-record temperatures - 0
- NH doctors: There's more to Medicare list than meets the eye - 0
- Belmont students consider dropping 'offensive' mascot - 1
- Police: Boscawen chase involved homeless man at wheel - 0
- Plaistow man in toddler abuse case indicted in jail assault - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Berlin BioPower plant coming up to speed
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers