Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Something to cheer about
"There are 14 girls on this team, not six. Every girl on this team is part of the team. They all help each other and learn from each other," Villemaire wrote. "If you look at any pictures from our games, practices, or competitions, you will see genuine friendship in the eyes of every one of these girls."
"One of the judges wrote 'INSPIRED' on the feedback form /score sheet. That is exactly how Kate and I feel every week at practice. We are so proud of every participant on this team, and we can only hope that this experience inspires others."
Happy birthday, MYPN
I miss my days as a Manchester "young professional." I like to think I can still pass for "young," but my children keep amending my perception of "professional." Still, I appreciated the invite from Rob Smalley, Manchester Young Professionals Network's treasurer, to the organization's 9th birthday celebration at the newly renovated Manchester Country Club tomorrow night from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. You may see me there trying to pass as a real professional, and hoping no one notices the Play-Doh stuck to the bottom of my shoe.
It's holiday craft fair season, and you can find many of them on NH365.ORG, including the Ho Ho Holidays Craft Fair this Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. to benefit Mount Saint Mary Academy at 2291 Elm St. Admission is free for this event featuring local crafters, food, and a visit with Santa. Visit wwwNH365.org for more craft fair fun
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: History has a way of repeating itself, and we are doing that with a second 'Memories' book - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Those who do so much good for NH often go unnoticed and unrecognized - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Getting it right with kids, the comics and the rest of the paper - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Marmaduke's back — and so's Seinfeld - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Nothing Goofy about a kick in the seat - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Yanks' pitcher could have used AG's help - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notes: '3-G' may go, but 'Memories 2' is coming - 1
- Joe McQuaid - Publisher's Notebook: Veteran newsman Toole returning to fold - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax