Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Something to cheer about
"There are 14 girls on this team, not six. Every girl on this team is part of the team. They all help each other and learn from each other," Villemaire wrote. "If you look at any pictures from our games, practices, or competitions, you will see genuine friendship in the eyes of every one of these girls."
"One of the judges wrote 'INSPIRED' on the feedback form /score sheet. That is exactly how Kate and I feel every week at practice. We are so proud of every participant on this team, and we can only hope that this experience inspires others."
Happy birthday, MYPN
I miss my days as a Manchester "young professional." I like to think I can still pass for "young," but my children keep amending my perception of "professional." Still, I appreciated the invite from Rob Smalley, Manchester Young Professionals Network's treasurer, to the organization's 9th birthday celebration at the newly renovated Manchester Country Club tomorrow night from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. You may see me there trying to pass as a real professional, and hoping no one notices the Play-Doh stuck to the bottom of my shoe.
It's holiday craft fair season, and you can find many of them on NH365.ORG, including the Ho Ho Holidays Craft Fair this Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. to benefit Mount Saint Mary Academy at 2291 Elm St. Admission is free for this event featuring local crafters, food, and a visit with Santa. Visit wwwNH365.org for more craft fair fun
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 13
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: The left's arrogant groupthink - 0
- Rep. Adam Schroadter: Penalties for marijuana use in NH should fit the crime - 10
- Pat Buchanan: What would Reagan do with Russia, Syria, etc.? - 6
- Barbara Couch: Why NH students need Common Core's higher standards - 1
Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployedREADER COMMENTS: 3
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Anonymous email was 'malicious,' says Auburn police commissioner - 0
- Senate votes to ban hand-held cellphone use in cars; bill heads back to House - 10
- Auburn town administrator under fire - 0
- Belmont High likely will keep Red Raider mascot - 3
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start