NH College Notebook: Butcher's retirement will mark the end of an era at KCS
On Saturday, Keene State College men's soccer coach Dr. Ron Butcher coached his final regular season home game at Owl Athletic Complex.
The Owls earned a win for Butcher, defeating Western Conn. 3-1 thanks to a pair of goals from Scotty Douglas.
With many of his former players in attendance, KSC honored Butcher with a celebration of his career during pre-and post-game ceremonies Saturday.
The dean of men's soccer coaches in New England, Butcher has not only led the Owls to 31 post-season tournament appearances, but has developed numerous All-America, All-New England and All-Conference players, as well as some who have gone on to play in the professional ranks.
Moving to Division III in the fall of 1997, KSC earned an NCAA berth in eight of its first 10 seasons in the Little East Conference.
- - - - - -
This is Cousens' first UAA Athlete of the Week honor of the season and third of her career. Earlier this season she was named ECAC Runner of the Week for her second-place finish at the Dickinson Long and Short Invitational on Sept. 28.
Jed Magnusson of Sanborn is having another strong season as a junior captain on the Endicott College men's soccer team.
A four-year starter at Sanborn Regional under his dad Al, Magnusson is an outside defender who has been a starter all three years at Endicott, which entered the weekend with a record of 8-8.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 1
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child