NH College Notebook: Butcher's retirement will mark the end of an era at KCS
On Saturday, Keene State College men's soccer coach Dr. Ron Butcher coached his final regular season home game at Owl Athletic Complex.
The Owls earned a win for Butcher, defeating Western Conn. 3-1 thanks to a pair of goals from Scotty Douglas.
With many of his former players in attendance, KSC honored Butcher with a celebration of his career during pre-and post-game ceremonies Saturday.
The dean of men's soccer coaches in New England, Butcher has not only led the Owls to 31 post-season tournament appearances, but has developed numerous All-America, All-New England and All-Conference players, as well as some who have gone on to play in the professional ranks.
Moving to Division III in the fall of 1997, KSC earned an NCAA berth in eight of its first 10 seasons in the Little East Conference.
- - - - - -
This is Cousens' first UAA Athlete of the Week honor of the season and third of her career. Earlier this season she was named ECAC Runner of the Week for her second-place finish at the Dickinson Long and Short Invitational on Sept. 28.
Jed Magnusson of Sanborn is having another strong season as a junior captain on the Endicott College men's soccer team.
A four-year starter at Sanborn Regional under his dad Al, Magnusson is an outside defender who has been a starter all three years at Endicott, which entered the weekend with a record of 8-8.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett's rush: A careless dash from Manchester - 9
- UNH's good name: Administration fights for it - 0
- An NSA setback: Fourth Amendment wins first round - 15
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Beltran, Yankees make it official
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass