Home » Opinion » Editorials
Obama's disastrous run: Incompetence at every turn
As this newspaper wrote just weeks ago, the nation needs the serious adults in the room to step forward and try to steer the ship of state until Jan. 20, 2017. It won't be easy.
Now we know that the system was rushed into being (despite three years of supposed planning) and never properly overseen by Obama's administration. An "end-to-end" test of the system was limited to just 200 users. We suspect a Mitt Romney team would have done a bit better.
Nations have spied on each other since long before Joseph Conrad made it famous in his novel "The Secret Agent," and they always will. But despite the promise of further revelations from the former NSA contractor, Edward Snowden, Obama appears totally unprepared for them.
The President's team may be hoping that some other scandal will draw the public's attention next week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- Input sought on Keene board of ed candidates - 0
- Colorful Tradition at UNH - 0
- Media Power Youth targets preventing youth violence - 0
- Better parent-child communication is Pembroke talk topic - 0
- Rivier University in Nashua aims to transform campus with $4 million plan - 0
- Move to Concord eyed for offices of university system - 5
- Nashua in running for education grant - 0
- Teacher cuts proposed in Londonderry - 22
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 1
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 3
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options