Home » Opinion » Editorials
Obama's disastrous run: Incompetence at every turn
As this newspaper wrote just weeks ago, the nation needs the serious adults in the room to step forward and try to steer the ship of state until Jan. 20, 2017. It won't be easy.
Now we know that the system was rushed into being (despite three years of supposed planning) and never properly overseen by Obama's administration. An "end-to-end" test of the system was limited to just 200 users. We suspect a Mitt Romney team would have done a bit better.
Nations have spied on each other since long before Joseph Conrad made it famous in his novel "The Secret Agent," and they always will. But despite the promise of further revelations from the former NSA contractor, Edward Snowden, Obama appears totally unprepared for them.
The President's team may be hoping that some other scandal will draw the public's attention next week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 28
- The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw - 29
- Smith schools Hassan: Leadership in Londonderry - 0
- Where officers live: Manchester is missing the point - 4
- Leo Bernier: For Hillsborough County Commission - 0
- Insurance exchanges Sam's Club or Obama's club? - 11
- Garcia and Guinta: For a change, send them to DC - 22
- Jeanne's travel ban: She doesn't want Obama here - 14
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters