Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Blakeslee's 'coded' diary revealed a dark side of Breest
She tried to sever their relationship, but Breest continued to pressure her to marry him, a proposal she rejected. Still, Breest would tell people Luella was his fiancee, Blakeslee said. Blakeslee knew Breest and liked him, finding him "interesting" if something of a braggart.
"I felt terrible," he said. In his heart, he knew his sister was dead, but still, he said, he felt there was a 1 percent chance she had found a way to leave her life in Hooksett and Breest behind.
This past July, the state released Luella's remains to Blakeslee, who had them cremated. He was given most of her personal belongings including some jewelry, her lucky coin and her diary, written in a codified French and English - so snooping individuals, particularly Breest, would be unable to read it - which her best friend translated for state police, Blakeslee said.
Blakeslee said state police investigators found newspaper clippings of the Horn case inside a dresser drawer in Luella's bedroom after her disappearance. No one was ever charged in Horn's death.
During his visit home in May, Luella told him what was happening, that Breest allegedly punched a man she was with, that he was stalking her, that he was playing games with her German shepherd, King, taking him from her home, so that she searched the neighborhood for hours, only to return home and find him tied up in the yard.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents - 2
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Littleton police searching for man who attempted to rob gas station - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
- Ayotte tours Dover camping gear firm - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424