Home » Sports » College Sports
Wildcats hope to keep up the attack today
UNH at Stony BrookWhen: Today, 4 p.m.
Where: LaValle Stadium, Stony Brook, N.Y.
Radio: WGIR AM 610, WQSO FM 96.7 FM, WPKX AM 930, WNTK FM 99.7, WSMN AM 1590, WZEI FM 101.5
And twice the offense quickly worked its way out of trouble.
The next time, the Wildcats put together a huge drive that gave them a 21-14 lead with just over five minutes to play.
The Wildcats will try to do more of the same today at Stony Brook and limit the chances of the Seawolves' power running game in a 4 p.m. contest.
UNH leads the Colonial Athletic Association in rushing yardage per game and is fourth in passing and the combined numbers are best in overall offense. The numbers could not be more balanced — the Wildcats are averaging 241.5 yard rushing and 239.2 passing for a total of 480.7.
Crossan and Goldrich were two of many standouts against Villanova.
Goldrich completed 21 of his 28 passes for 236 yards and one touchdown and scored two rushing touchdowns, including a 4-yarder with 14 seconds left in the game. He received the Gold Helmet Award from the New England Football Writers for his efforts.
He'll start his third straight game today. Andy Vailas, the junior from Bedford, will back him up. Vailas started the first four games and is recovering from a knee injury.
Dartmouth takes a 2-3 overall record and 1-1 mark in the Ivy League to New York City and Columbia today at 1:30.
St. Anselm, 0-7 overall and 0-6 in the Northeast-10, is at AIC today at 1 p.m.
Plymouth State, 1-5 overall, and 0-4 in the MASCAC, is at Framingham State, 5-1 and 4-0, today at 1.
PSU's Chris Smith, a junior from Merrimack, was named the MACAC's Special Teams Player of the Week for his work in a loss to Bridgewater State on Saturday. Smith scored on an 80-yard kickoff return and averaged 46.5 yards on four returns.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- Another win for Jones, Kings - 0
- Bruins preparing for tough stretch - 0
- Lucic leads Bruins past Blue Jackets - 0
- Chara's 'Gordie' lifts Bruins over Rangers - 0
- Bruin’s effort a turkey in 6-1 loss to Detroit - 0
- Krug lifts Bruins over Penguins in OT - 0
- B's top Hurricanes in overtime - 0
- Blues tip Bruins in shootout - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
- Belmont makes deal to sell Winnisquam fire station for $240,000 - 0
- Salem's North Broadway may see another new retail plaza - 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 0
- $3.6 million rotary near Nashua-Hudson line advances - 0
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan