Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Football Roundup: Dartmouth routs Columbia, 56-0
It was the largest margin of victory for Dartmouth (3-3, 2-1 Ivy) in 77 years. Columbia (0-6, 0-3 Ivy) dropped its seventh straight game dating back to last year.
Sophomore quarterback Dalyn Williams threw for 149 yards on 11-of-18 passing. He was replaced by junior Alex Park in the third quarter.
Defensively, sophomore linebacker Will McNamara picked off a pair of passes and returned both for touchdowns.
At Springfield, Mass., St. Anselm was tied with AIC at halftime, 14-14, but the Yellow Jackets pulled away in the second half Saturday to drop the Hawks to 0-8.
AIC (6-2) went ahead 14-7 with a pair of touchdowns before Charles scored from 12 yards out in the second quarter to tie the game.
At Framingham, Mass., the Framingham State defense forced a pair of turnovers and held Plymouth State (1-6) to just three field goals on 112 yards of total offense Saturday.
On PSU's final six offensive possessions the Rams forced a three and out each time and twice held the Panthers to negative yards.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fergus Cullen: The Christmas card many of us wish we could send - 0
- Ben Dick: Teachers had good reason to reject Manchester contract offer - 16
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare: Silence of the insurers - 3
- George Will: Executive discretion to the extreme - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Being better than New Jersey isn't good enough - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: GOP outrage machine might have finally gone too far - 47
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 2
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Nashua man held in home invasion
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass