Home » Sports » College Sports
College Football: Wildcats cruise over Stony Brook
The win was UNH's first on the road this season.
Now the Wildcats need another to keep their momentum going towards the FCS playoffs.
Goldrich completed 15 of his 29 passes for 186 and the three scores. He has passed for eight touchdowns for the season. Mello had three touchdown receptions coming into the game and doubled up that total.
Stony Brook scored first with a field goal and UNH answered with a safety for a World Series-like 3-2 score.
Goldrich and Mello hooked up on a 23-yard touchdown pass and UNH took the lead for good.
Mike MacArthur, UNH's senior kicker from North Hampton pushed the lead to 19-6 with his sixth field goal of the year from 33 yards.
The Wildcats responded with two more Goldrich to Mello scores to put the game away. The first came on the last play of the third period and covered 15 yards and the second went for 36 yards in the fourth quarter.
The Wildcat defense, on the other hand, held Stony Brook to 286 yards.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
READER COMMENTS: 33
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council