Home » Sports » College Sports
College Football: Wildcats cruise over Stony Brook
The win was UNH's first on the road this season.
Now the Wildcats need another to keep their momentum going towards the FCS playoffs.
Goldrich completed 15 of his 29 passes for 186 and the three scores. He has passed for eight touchdowns for the season. Mello had three touchdown receptions coming into the game and doubled up that total.
Stony Brook scored first with a field goal and UNH answered with a safety for a World Series-like 3-2 score.
Goldrich and Mello hooked up on a 23-yard touchdown pass and UNH took the lead for good.
Mike MacArthur, UNH's senior kicker from North Hampton pushed the lead to 19-6 with his sixth field goal of the year from 33 yards.
The Wildcats responded with two more Goldrich to Mello scores to put the game away. The first came on the last play of the third period and covered 15 yards and the second went for 36 yards in the fourth quarter.
The Wildcat defense, on the other hand, held Stony Brook to 286 yards.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Football social planned for Turkey Bowl eve - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Hot stove plus hockey equals cool doubleheader - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Much-loved Lemire was dedicated to city's kids - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: High school hoops preseason jamboree finally a reality - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Monarchs' Morris salutes fans - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Stunning ending authored by Brady. - 1
- John Habib's City Sports: A couple of Pioneers are on the move - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Memorial principal explains football time changes - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Joe Sullivan stories recall a great storyteller - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child