Home » Sports » College Sports
College Football: Wildcats cruise over Stony Brook
The win was UNH's first on the road this season.
Now the Wildcats need another to keep their momentum going towards the FCS playoffs.
Goldrich completed 15 of his 29 passes for 186 and the three scores. He has passed for eight touchdowns for the season. Mello had three touchdown receptions coming into the game and doubled up that total.
Stony Brook scored first with a field goal and UNH answered with a safety for a World Series-like 3-2 score.
Goldrich and Mello hooked up on a 23-yard touchdown pass and UNH took the lead for good.
Mike MacArthur, UNH's senior kicker from North Hampton pushed the lead to 19-6 with his sixth field goal of the year from 33 yards.
The Wildcats responded with two more Goldrich to Mello scores to put the game away. The first came on the last play of the third period and covered 15 yards and the second went for 36 yards in the fourth quarter.
The Wildcat defense, on the other hand, held Stony Brook to 286 yards.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
- Angry birds clash - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Wildcats defeat Maine to advance - 1
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- SNHU wins national title - 1
- UNH fires coach McCloskey over 'incident of inappropriate physical contact with a player' - 0
- UNH No. 18 in USCHO.com poll - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings