Home » Sports » College Sports
College Football: Wildcats cruise over Stony Brook
The win was UNH's first on the road this season.
Now the Wildcats need another to keep their momentum going towards the FCS playoffs.
Goldrich completed 15 of his 29 passes for 186 and the three scores. He has passed for eight touchdowns for the season. Mello had three touchdown receptions coming into the game and doubled up that total.
Stony Brook scored first with a field goal and UNH answered with a safety for a World Series-like 3-2 score.
Goldrich and Mello hooked up on a 23-yard touchdown pass and UNH took the lead for good.
Mike MacArthur, UNH's senior kicker from North Hampton pushed the lead to 19-6 with his sixth field goal of the year from 33 yards.
The Wildcats responded with two more Goldrich to Mello scores to put the game away. The first came on the last play of the third period and covered 15 yards and the second went for 36 yards in the fourth quarter.
The Wildcat defense, on the other hand, held Stony Brook to 286 yards.
READER COMMENTS: 39
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 1
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 13
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama the oblivious - 6
- Roger Simon: What Nelson Mandela overcame - 1
- George Will: Raise the minimum wage? It's iffy - 10
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0