Home » News » Public Safety
500 attend Conway vigil for Abigail; mom pleads for information
"Somebody knows about what happened" to Abigail, she said, urging crowd members to watch others around them "who may have changed their behavior" since Abigail's disappearance.
Abigail's sister, Sarah, issued a simple plea: "Abby, I really miss you. We really want you back."
Hernandez was last seen leaving Kennett High School on Oct. 9, just days before her 15th birthday on Oct. 12.
Authorities have extensively searched the Cranmore Mountain area, and were back in the field Saturday joining teams of volunteer searchers from The Mission for the Missing.
Local residents and businesses helped the White Mountain Milers running club organize the vigil, said Paul Kirsch of the club. The local Dunkin' Donuts and McDonald's stores provided coffee.
The club is hosting its annual half-marathon in town Sunday. Over the past several years, the club has raised and donated more than $80,000 in scholarship funds for area students, Kirsch said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus