Home » News » Public Safety
500 attend Conway vigil for Abigail; mom pleads for information
"Somebody knows about what happened" to Abigail, she said, urging crowd members to watch others around them "who may have changed their behavior" since Abigail's disappearance.
Abigail's sister, Sarah, issued a simple plea: "Abby, I really miss you. We really want you back."
Hernandez was last seen leaving Kennett High School on Oct. 9, just days before her 15th birthday on Oct. 12.
Authorities have extensively searched the Cranmore Mountain area, and were back in the field Saturday joining teams of volunteer searchers from The Mission for the Missing.
Local residents and businesses helped the White Mountain Milers running club organize the vigil, said Paul Kirsch of the club. The local Dunkin' Donuts and McDonald's stores provided coffee.
The club is hosting its annual half-marathon in town Sunday. Over the past several years, the club has raised and donated more than $80,000 in scholarship funds for area students, Kirsch said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072