Home » News » Public Safety
500 attend Conway vigil for Abigail; mom pleads for information
"Somebody knows about what happened" to Abigail, she said, urging crowd members to watch others around them "who may have changed their behavior" since Abigail's disappearance.
Abigail's sister, Sarah, issued a simple plea: "Abby, I really miss you. We really want you back."
Hernandez was last seen leaving Kennett High School on Oct. 9, just days before her 15th birthday on Oct. 12.
Authorities have extensively searched the Cranmore Mountain area, and were back in the field Saturday joining teams of volunteer searchers from The Mission for the Missing.
Local residents and businesses helped the White Mountain Milers running club organize the vigil, said Paul Kirsch of the club. The local Dunkin' Donuts and McDonald's stores provided coffee.
The club is hosting its annual half-marathon in town Sunday. Over the past several years, the club has raised and donated more than $80,000 in scholarship funds for area students, Kirsch said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 0
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Senate passes Medicaid expansion on bipartisan vote - 3
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- House kills suicide-related bills - 1
- Staples to shut 225 stores as online competition hurts sales - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- St. A Hawks grounded by the Chargers - 0
House votes for cellphone ban while driving