Home » News » Public Safety
500 attend Conway vigil for Abigail; mom pleads for information
"Somebody knows about what happened" to Abigail, she said, urging crowd members to watch others around them "who may have changed their behavior" since Abigail's disappearance.
Abigail's sister, Sarah, issued a simple plea: "Abby, I really miss you. We really want you back."
Hernandez was last seen leaving Kennett High School on Oct. 9, just days before her 15th birthday on Oct. 12.
Authorities have extensively searched the Cranmore Mountain area, and were back in the field Saturday joining teams of volunteer searchers from The Mission for the Missing.
Local residents and businesses helped the White Mountain Milers running club organize the vigil, said Paul Kirsch of the club. The local Dunkin' Donuts and McDonald's stores provided coffee.
The club is hosting its annual half-marathon in town Sunday. Over the past several years, the club has raised and donated more than $80,000 in scholarship funds for area students, Kirsch said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 0
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 0
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Nashua must decide on parkway project's bridge aesthetics - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
Hooksett has five new school board members
A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth