NHIAA Football Roundup: North upsets Guertin on late TD
NHIAA Football scores, scheduleFRIDAY NIGHT
Exeter 41, Timberlane 14
Spaulding 42, Alvirne 13
Winnacunnet 31, Dover 14
Concord 48, West 6
Bedford 55, Merrimack 7
Central 42, Salem 30
Londonderry 34, Memorial 32
Pinkerton 56, Goffstown 21
Keene 35, Nashua South 21
Nashua North 14, Bp Guertin 7
Plymouth 42, Hanover 14
Kennett 38, Laconia 14
John Stark at Lebanon
Milford 38, Souhegan 7
Monadnock 42, Kearsarge 14
Hollis/Brookline 39, ConVal 0
Epping-Newm 33, Bp Brady 21
Farm’ton-Nute 31, Raymond 27
Pelham 48, Campbell 13
Bow 33, Somersworth 27, OT
- - - - - - - -
Merr Valley at St. Thomas, 1
Trinity at Windham, 1:30
Portsmouth at Pembroke, 1:30
Kingswood at Sanborn, 1:30
Mascoma at Newfound, 1
Gilford at Franklin, 1
Gilford at Franklin, 1:30
I-L/M’boro at Winnisquam, 1:30
Stevens at Newport, 1:30
All times p.m.
BG’s loss imperils its push for a Division I West playoff spot. BG now trails Keene (6-2) for second place in the conference. Guertin finishes the season next week at Timberlane while North is at Exeter.
The Blackbirds scored again and Nashua South matched that one as well and it was 21-21 at the half.
But that was it for the Panthers and Keene pulled away with the next two touchdowns to close it out.
The Crimson Tide upped its record to 8-0 with only a game at Goffstown on Friday remaining. West falls to 0-8 and is at Manchester Memorial on Friday.
Zach Downey returned the second half kickoff 80 yards for a Timberlane score. That did little to slow Exeter. The Blue Hawks scored the next two times they had the ball to push the lead to 41-7 after three quarters.
Lancers quarterback Aaron Gaudet threw for 74 yards and two touchdowns on 7-for-8 passing. Jonathan Young, Dennis Bishop (195 yards) and Tim Jennings rushed for TDs and Dave Weidenfield and Kyle Proulx caught the TD passes.
Milford 38, Souhegan 7: At Milford, Mitchell Banuskevich rushed for 83 yards and scored a couple of touchdowns, one rushing and one on a pass reception, and Evan Perron carried 10 times for 130 yards and two scores to lead the Spartans. Milford is 5-3 and Souhegan is 2-6.
Bow 33, Somersworth 27 (OT): At Somersworth, Chris Robbins scored a touchdown in overtime for the Falcons (6-1) after Bow’s defense had stopped Somersworth (3-4) on its first possession. Robbins scored on a run on third and six and had a TD earlier in the game. Matt Ehrenberg had 100 yards rushing and three touchdowns for Bow.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 2
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House partiesREADER COMMENTS: 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed