Monarchs felled by St. John's
The Monarchs (5-1-3) and IceCaps (3-3-1) meet again today at 3 p.m. at the Verizon.
Manchester pulled goaltender Martin Jones late for an extra attacker, but could not net the equalizer.
But St. John's answered just 39 seconds later when Carl Klingberg scored.
St. John's extended to a 3-1 lead midway through the second period on Jason Jaffray's second goal of the season. Jaffray was loose in front and J.C. Lipon's pass from behind the net found him for the quick shot to beat Jones.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bucks snap skid at 11, top Celtics - 0
- Green, Celtics blow out Cavs - 0
- Celtics late rally falls short - 0
- Crawford, Celtics ease past Bobcats - 0
- Celtics top Hawks to halt six-game skid - 0
- Spurs top Celtics to extend win streak - 0
- Timberwolves hand Celtics third straight loss - 0
- Aldridge double-double sends Celtics to loss - 0
- Warning sign saves former St. A hoop coach Clifford - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Nashua men steal empty ATM - 0
- Peterborough man remains free, pending appeal, after conviction on child pornography offenses - 0
- Teen injured in pedestrian/car collision in Hudson - 0
- Manchester police recover shell casings in gunfire incident on Taylor Street - 1
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 3
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 3
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty