Monarchs felled by St. John's
The Monarchs (5-1-3) and IceCaps (3-3-1) meet again today at 3 p.m. at the Verizon.
Manchester pulled goaltender Martin Jones late for an extra attacker, but could not net the equalizer.
But St. John's answered just 39 seconds later when Carl Klingberg scored.
St. John's extended to a 3-1 lead midway through the second period on Jason Jaffray's second goal of the season. Jaffray was loose in front and J.C. Lipon's pass from behind the net found him for the quick shot to beat Jones.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 1
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 3
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options