Home » News » Public Safety
Authorities say Conway teen unlikely to have run away
FBI Agent Kieran Ramsey said the investigation into the Oct. 9 disappearance of Hernandez has not ruled out any scenario in the case as of yet.
"This is a 15-year-old girl who had a vibrant social media presence that has now gone completely dark," Ramsey said, adding that authorities use the term "victimology" as a means of investigating, not because of any change in Hernandez' status.
Searchers looked again Thursday in targeted areas in town, checking out tips, as the investigation continues. There is no timetable set for the investigation, Ramsey said, and there is no immediate end in sight for investigators.
Ramsey said a lot of law enforcement resources, human and technical, have been dedicated to studying Hernandez' Facebook page.
"That part of the case has taken a lot of our time," he said, declining to elaborate on whether the social media investigation has produced leads.
Her page features many photos of her and boyfriend Jimmy Campbell, as well as several quotes that she posted in the past year.
Another reads: "I don't have time to hate people who hate me because I'm too busy loving people who love me."
Another: "Why do we sleep through church, but stay awake through a three-hour movie? Why is it hard to pray, but easy to cuss? Why is it hard to repost a Godly bulletin, but easy to repost the mean ones? Why can people worship a celebrity, but not God?"
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072