Home » News » Public Safety
Authorities say Conway teen unlikely to have run away
FBI Agent Kieran Ramsey said the investigation into the Oct. 9 disappearance of Hernandez has not ruled out any scenario in the case as of yet.
"This is a 15-year-old girl who had a vibrant social media presence that has now gone completely dark," Ramsey said, adding that authorities use the term "victimology" as a means of investigating, not because of any change in Hernandez' status.
Searchers looked again Thursday in targeted areas in town, checking out tips, as the investigation continues. There is no timetable set for the investigation, Ramsey said, and there is no immediate end in sight for investigators.
Ramsey said a lot of law enforcement resources, human and technical, have been dedicated to studying Hernandez' Facebook page.
"That part of the case has taken a lot of our time," he said, declining to elaborate on whether the social media investigation has produced leads.
Her page features many photos of her and boyfriend Jimmy Campbell, as well as several quotes that she posted in the past year.
Another reads: "I don't have time to hate people who hate me because I'm too busy loving people who love me."
Another: "Why do we sleep through church, but stay awake through a three-hour movie? Why is it hard to pray, but easy to cuss? Why is it hard to repost a Godly bulletin, but easy to repost the mean ones? Why can people worship a celebrity, but not God?"
READER COMMENTS: 5
- State revokes license for New Hampshire childcare center amid abuse allegations - 1
- Downed wires shuts Concord street - 0
- Quick-acting Litchfield woman jumps into canoe and paddles to rescue of kayaker - 1
- Man's story about stab wound questioned by Laconia police - 0
- Two fires in Manchester - 0
- Indictments issued in fatal crashes in Dover, Barrington, Rochester - 1
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson woman, Nashua man accused of cooking meth - 1
- Hollis citizens speaking out against controversial gas pipeline - 4
- UNH library halts book disposal after complaints - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Valenti Modified race was top shelf - 0
- Manchester school official points to 7 weapons cases not brought to conduct committee - 0
- Edie Loeb Tomasko dies, leaves UpReach Therapeutic Riding Center legacy - 1
- Witt named UNH women’s hockey coach - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Bedford boys remains focused on third title - 0
- Fisher Cats steal home, beat New Britain - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison