Home » News » Public Safety
Authorities say Conway teen unlikely to have run away
FBI Agent Kieran Ramsey said the investigation into the Oct. 9 disappearance of Hernandez has not ruled out any scenario in the case as of yet.
"This is a 15-year-old girl who had a vibrant social media presence that has now gone completely dark," Ramsey said, adding that authorities use the term "victimology" as a means of investigating, not because of any change in Hernandez' status.
Searchers looked again Thursday in targeted areas in town, checking out tips, as the investigation continues. There is no timetable set for the investigation, Ramsey said, and there is no immediate end in sight for investigators.
Ramsey said a lot of law enforcement resources, human and technical, have been dedicated to studying Hernandez' Facebook page.
"That part of the case has taken a lot of our time," he said, declining to elaborate on whether the social media investigation has produced leads.
Her page features many photos of her and boyfriend Jimmy Campbell, as well as several quotes that she posted in the past year.
Another reads: "I don't have time to hate people who hate me because I'm too busy loving people who love me."
Another: "Why do we sleep through church, but stay awake through a three-hour movie? Why is it hard to pray, but easy to cuss? Why is it hard to repost a Godly bulletin, but easy to repost the mean ones? Why can people worship a celebrity, but not God?"
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it