Home » News » Public Safety
Somersworth accident involving COAST bus injures four
The crash happened about 7:35 a.m. at Franklin and Main streets.
Capt. Russell Timmons said Maximilian Hennessy, 17, of Rollinsford was driving the Elantra. He pulled out of the Preservation Park apartment complex into the path of the bus, operated by Sean Edemen of New Durham, that was heading south on Main Street, according to a preliminary investigation.
Timmons said the bus hit the Elantra in the front fender on the driver's side. Hennessy, he said, told the investigating officer that parallel parked cars blocked his view of the bus.
The crash is still under investigation, but Hennessy is expected to be issued a summons for either failure to yield or driver inattention.
Sixteen people were on the bus, including the driver, and four of the passengers were taken to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital for treatment of minor bumps and bruises, Timmons said. Neither Hennessy nor his passenger was injured.
COAST sent another bus to the scene to take the remaining passengers to their destinations.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate