Home » News » Public Safety
Somersworth accident involving COAST bus injures four
The crash happened about 7:35 a.m. at Franklin and Main streets.
Capt. Russell Timmons said Maximilian Hennessy, 17, of Rollinsford was driving the Elantra. He pulled out of the Preservation Park apartment complex into the path of the bus, operated by Sean Edemen of New Durham, that was heading south on Main Street, according to a preliminary investigation.
Timmons said the bus hit the Elantra in the front fender on the driver's side. Hennessy, he said, told the investigating officer that parallel parked cars blocked his view of the bus.
The crash is still under investigation, but Hennessy is expected to be issued a summons for either failure to yield or driver inattention.
Sixteen people were on the bus, including the driver, and four of the passengers were taken to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital for treatment of minor bumps and bruises, Timmons said. Neither Hennessy nor his passenger was injured.
COAST sent another bus to the scene to take the remaining passengers to their destinations.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 1
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 5
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill