Home » News » Public Safety
Somersworth accident involving COAST bus injures four
The crash happened about 7:35 a.m. at Franklin and Main streets.
Capt. Russell Timmons said Maximilian Hennessy, 17, of Rollinsford was driving the Elantra. He pulled out of the Preservation Park apartment complex into the path of the bus, operated by Sean Edemen of New Durham, that was heading south on Main Street, according to a preliminary investigation.
Timmons said the bus hit the Elantra in the front fender on the driver's side. Hennessy, he said, told the investigating officer that parallel parked cars blocked his view of the bus.
The crash is still under investigation, but Hennessy is expected to be issued a summons for either failure to yield or driver inattention.
Sixteen people were on the bus, including the driver, and four of the passengers were taken to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital for treatment of minor bumps and bruises, Timmons said. Neither Hennessy nor his passenger was injured.
COAST sent another bus to the scene to take the remaining passengers to their destinations.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
- I-93 crash under investigation - 0
- Body of missing NH man found in Vermont - 0
- Police seeking heroin epidemic answers - 0
- Teen ejected in Candia rollover - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- Anonymous email was 'malicious,' says Auburn police commissioner - 0
- Senate votes to ban hand-held cellphone use in cars; bill heads back to House - 10
- Auburn town administrator under fire - 0
- Belmont High likely will keep Red Raider mascot - 3
- Ice-out on WInnipesaukee expected by late next week - 0
- Joe McQuaid - Publisher's Notebook: Veteran newsman Toole returning to fold - 0
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start